Monday, February 8, 2010

It Was The Best of Times...

This weekend I had one of those rarest of occurrences – the time of my life.

Emski and Melski, two of my favourite people, committed themselves to a life together in front of a small group of family and friends. It was an evening filled with trepidation, emotion, laughter and tears and in my experience those things make for the best kind of evenings.

The girls had the considerably good taste to ask yours truly to be their MC for the evening and I won’t lie to you, it was some of my best work but then that’s easy to produce when you’re doing it for people you love. I was so on song that I never once made a two girl one cup joke the entire evening...

Perhaps it was the warm summer air, the fluoridated Napier water or maybe, just maybe it was simply the expression of love in its purest form, but whatever it was it made for a hell of a weekend and one I won’t forget for a long, long time. I’m even going so far as to put it in my top five weekends of all time. It was that good.

Well done girls, you were both magnificent and for once it was I that was a close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment